- 1 serving of Pocono's Buckwheat hot cereal. (over cooked until smooth)
- 1/8 teaspoon Xanthum gun or Guar Gum
- 1/4 cup melted butter of choice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatin in 2 Tablespoons of water or milk (stir until it dissolved)
- 1/4 cup sugar in the raw
- 2 tablespoons of good dry Chocolate of choice (I used Trader Joe's this time)
- 1 9-inch cookie pie crust of choice (see below)
- Cook buckwheat as directed on box.
- Over cook and add small amounts of milk at a time (the glug theory), 1 glug of milk into buckwheat as it is cooking and stir with a whip constantly. It will start to really thicken, keep doing this until you get a smooth consistency (about 20 minutes).
- Add melted butter and stir.
- Turn off heat and put mixture into a blender or you can use a hand blender (I did) and blend until creamy and very smooth.
- Add sugar and blend until smooth.
- Add a pinch of salt and the gelatin and blend again until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons of dry chocolate and blend until totally mixed and scrape down the sides with a spatula.
- Use a spatula to transfer the chocolate into the prepared frozen pie plate and let stand until completely cool.
- Then cover and refrigerate until firm.
* if using Mimic Cream keep adding water to keep it smooth while it's cooking down