I love ranch dressing and I miss it. Try it on salad, pizza or a nice hot baked potato with cheese.
- ½ cup sour cream or alternative of choice
- ½ cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade*
- 1 Tb (heaping) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 Tb dried parsley
- 2 Tb finely grated Parmesan or dairy free alternative
- ½ tsp celtic sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Plain yogurt of choice, buttermilk, or kefir, optional
- 1-2 Tb flax oil**, optional
- Combine all ingredients and stir well. For dressing, add a little yogurt, buttermilk, or kefir to thin to desired consistency.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, or preferably 3 hours.
Tasty Tip: The onion powder is key to this recipe. If, after being chilled for a few hours, the dressing doesn't taste quite ranch-y enough, add more onion powder.
Preservation Tip: Using homemade mayo helps the ranch keep longer, not that it stays around.
Source: Nourished and Nurtured