- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers
- 1 medium clove garlic, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- small pearl or crushed tapioca for dusting
- 1 pound GF pizza dough or other prepared dough, or shells ready to bake.
- 1 cup shredded dairy free cheese of choice
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
- 4 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted ripe black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapenos
- Preheat grill to low.
- Place beans, peppers, garlic, chili powder and salt in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Sprinkle tapioca granules onto a pizza peel or large baking sheet.
- Roll out the dough and transfer it to the prepared peel or baking sheet, making sure the underside of the dough is completely coated with tapioca granules.
- Slide the crust onto the grill rack; close the lid.
- Cook until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Using a large spatula, flip the crust.
- Spread the bean mixture on the crust, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Quickly layer on cheese, tomatoes, scallions, olives and pickled jalapeños.
- Close the lid again and grill until the cheese has melted and the bottom of the crust has browned, about 8 minutes.
Note: If you have ready to bake shells, just cook pizza crust until just browned (we don't want soggy pizza), spread the bean mixture on the crust and add toppings. Grill until cheese has melted and crust is browned.
Source: eatingwell.com/adapted by Olinda