Another lovely drink for Mother's Day or anytime, is this strawberry, lemon and basil soda. So very pretty in the glass and refreshing to sip.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar or sugar of choice
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 5 small strawberries (or 3 large strawberries, quartered)
- 1 thin slice of strawberry for garnish
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 3/4 cup soda water
- Muddle ingredients with a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon until sugar dissolves.
- Add ice cubes and soda water and stir until chilled.
- Strain into a 12-oz. glass filled with ice cubes and garnish with a strawberry slice.
Source: Bon Appetite