- 3 (10-oz.) or 2 (16-oz.) packages. frozen little onions, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Drain onions thoroughly on paper towels. Melt butter in a large skillet.
- When butter foams, add drained onions.
- Saute over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes or until onions begin to color.
- Add brown sugar and stir to coat onions.
- Add vinegar and salt. Cook 2 to 3 minutes longer. Sauce should be thick and coat onions.
- Serve hot. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Source: Biba Caggiano-Northern Italian Cooking