- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large yellow onions
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F. Put 3 tablespoons oil in an 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Cut onions in half horizontally and place cut side up in baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle remaining oil over each onion. Bake 40 to 60 minutes, depending on size. Onion tops should be light golden.
- Serve hot. Makes 4 servings.
My grandmother used to make onions this way also.
Source: Biba Caggiano-Northern Italian Cooking