- 1-1/2 lbs. small white mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter of choice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Wash and dry mushrooms thoroughly and cut into slices.
- Melt butter with oil in a large skillet. When butter foams, add mushrooms. Saute over high heat until golden.
- Add parsley, garlic and salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Serve hot or at room temperature. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Source: Biba Caggiano-Northern Italian Cooking, page 132