This is a beautiful dish. Delicious on top of linguine in garlic sauce or on a bed of red lettus leaves. Serve with an Italian salad, crusty bread and elegant wine.
- 1 lb. medium shrimp
- 1 lb. scallops
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry unflavored GF breadcrumbs
- Salt and Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges
- good dry white wine
Source: Biba Caggiano-Northern Italian Cooking page78
- Shell and devein shrimp. Wash shrimp and scallops under col running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine oil, parsley, garlic, breadcrumbs and salt and pepper. Add shrimp and scallops to mixture. Mix until well coated. Let stand 1 hour.
- Preheat broiler. Remove shrimp and scallops from marinade. Gently press some extra breadcrumb mixture onto the the shrimp and scallops.
- Place alternately on 4 to 6 metal skewers. Put skewers under hot broiler. Broil 2 minutes or until golden.
- Turn skewers over and broil on the other side 2 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately with lemon wedges. Makes 4 to 6 servings.