- 12 plum or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or oil of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon seal salt, or to taste
- Parchment paper (a must)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, or (try other spices like Italian etc.)
- Wash and pat tomatoes dry with paper towels. Remove stems and slice in half, lengthwise (from stem to bottom of tomato). Remove seeds if you like. I prefer them intact.
- Toss with olive oil. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone liner.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and or spice of choice.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 2 to 4 hours. Peel off paper and store in containers or bags. I prefer my seal a meal. (For longer storage I use my seal a meal and store it in a freezer bag and pop it in the freezer.
NOTE: You can attempt to do this in the microwave but I find they keep their taste better this way.
Source: Carol Fenster, Special Diet Celebrations pg.214 , adapted by Olinda Paul