Translate

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chicken Supper-In the pressure cooker

I tell you, I love my pressure cooker. It is a must have in your kitchen. What a time saver! I had chicken that wasn't all the way defrosted and I needed to make dinner quickly. I threw some rice on the stove and got my pressure cooker out, dropped in some oil, sauted the a quarter of an onion, 1 chopped leek, 1 clove of crushed garlic, and 1/4 of a green bell pepper. Sauted this to get the flavors melded together, took it out and put it in a bowl and set aside.

Put a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in the pot, popped in six pieces of chicken, salted it and browned both sides. Tossed  the mixture in the bowl into the pot, some chopped carrots, a little chopped parsley,1 piece of left over chopped boc choy cabbage and 3/4 cup of sherry. Locked the lid and screwed on the topper. Once it started rocking I timed it for 10 minutes. (remember it was a little frozen when I put it in) so I added 5 more minutes to the time. Normally you cool it quickly under the faucet but I let it cool down by itself.

The rice was done and I opened up the pan. I scooped out some rice for the plate and topped it with 2 pieces of chicken and the contents. What a wonderful supper so juicy and tender, the meat fell off the bone. My 15 year old came back for seconds. It was hearty and delicious.....and soooooo easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment