- Butternut squash small to medium size
- Sea salt to taste
- Red Thai GF paste
- 1 can coconut creme unsweetened
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lay foil or parchment paper on cookie sheet.
- Wash, split, and clean out the inside of the squash. Spray with olive oil on cut side. Lay cut, sprayed side down on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool to touch. (Can be done ahead of time)
- Peel off outer skin and chop into smaller pieces. Discard skin.
- Put squash into deep sauce pan and add coconut milk and Thai paste, (about 3 heaping teaspoons or to taste) use a hand blender blend until smooth. If too thick add milk of choice (almond, rice, hemp, cow, water, etc) to thin.
- Heat (while stirring) and serve with (see below) a dollop of sour cream and some chives or bacon.
*Many times I put a quarter cup of rice or cooked chicken pieces (or both) in the bowl and top it with the soup. Rolls, biscuits,or crackers would be good with this also.
NOTE: You can also use your blender if you like, mixing in smaller batches.
Source: Olinda Paul