Translate

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Pore Strips Peel


I hate paying so much money for things you can make at home. I used to use pore strips until I came across this recipe. Can I say WAY CHEAPER? Easy too!

* Start with a clean face

  • 1 Tablespoon of unflavored gelatin
  • 1 disposable container or a glass custard cup, microwaveable
  • 1-2 Tablespoons Milk of choice (I used 1 1/2)
  • 1 tongue depressor or wash the implement quickly after use.
  • a drop or two of an essential oil (optional)



1.     Measure 1 Tablespoon of unflavored gelatin only, into a disposable container. Or if vegan use Agar.

2.     Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of milk of choice into the gelatin. I used almond milk.

3.     Stir quickly (tongue depressor works well here) until you get a chunky  to smooth consistency. Mine went pretty smooth.

4.     Add a tiny bit more milk if you’re uncomfortable with the amount of chunk.

5.     Microwave the gelatin for about 10-15 seconds.  Start with 10 (I used 10 and stirred quickly). It will become creamier in the microwave. Stir that around and start applying it IMMEDIATELY to your face.  This hardens up quickly so move fast.  Wash the container if using a reusable container and spoon as it is hard to get the gelatin off. Spread over face and wait about 10 to 15 minutes, then find an edge and peel off and you will have very soft skin. Do not leave on too long or it will be hard to remove. Find what timing works best for you. I left mine on for 10 minutes it was enough.

* You can also add a scent if you would like but go very light. Some people may not like the smell without it.  It didn't bother me at all.

* Be sure to clean any drops or spills immediately while fresh on counters etc. right away, use the disposable container for the used peeled strips from your face and toss the whole thing in the garbage. Easy clean up.

* Start out with this recipe and you can adjust it to suit yourself. This  was too much for my small face. I could have done 2 full applications with this recipe. I will be tailoring this to fit my mace in the future.


Source: petitelefant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment