This is lots of fun to do…I am not a graffiti person but you have to try this yourself to marvel at it. Find a north facing wall. It looks best on brick (the older the better I think), rock or concrete walls. The walls can be any size. Draw out your design in pencil. Make the following recipe and watch what happens over time.
- 1 can of beer or (1 ½ cups buttermilk)
- a few good handfuls of fresh moss (you can get ant ay Lowe’s etc store)
- 1 teaspoon of sugar ( any kind)
- Whiz everything together in a blender until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Draw your design onto the wall so you can see the pattern. Try not to be too detailed. Simplicity is best until you have done this a time or two.
- Grab a paint brush (2 to 4 inch) or whatever you’re comfortable with and dip it into the mixture and paint your wall. Let it dry.
- Every couple of days mist it to keep it moist but not dripping. Watch your design grow each week.
Note: You may have to go back a week or two and do it again to thicken up the moss if it seems too thin. This is a great way to do something harmless. You can always scrape it off and scrub the area with a brush let it dry and try again. Fall is a great time to do this since it is still warm enough for the moss to grow, and get its moisture from the air.
Source: Can't remember