- 6 quarts of popped corn (or popped rice if corn is not tolerated)
- 1 cup butter or margarine (2 sticks)
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cut corn syrup if tolerated or (GF rice syrup if corn is not tolerated)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1teaspoon GF vanilla
- Melt butter, stir in sugar, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Then boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in soda and Vanilla.
- Gradually pour over popped corn mixing well.
- Pour into 2 large shallow baking pans.
- Bake at 250 for 1 hr. Stirring well every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool completely.
- Break apart and store in tightly covered Containers.
*Plastic lock/seal bags are very good
Source: Balbina Paul