Translate

Thursday, September 15, 2011

New Potatoes with Dill

An old favorite always stays around. I can't ever remember not having a potato salad of some sort in the summer or for family gatherings.

Ingredients:
  • 24   small red potatoes (organic whenever possible)
  • 8      tablespoons or 1 stick of butter of choice
  • 2-3  tablespoons of chopped fresh dill
  •        sea salt and freshly milled pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. Wash potatoes and dry.
  2. Melt butter a heavy  flameproof casserole and tight lid. 
  3. Add potatoes and season with salt and pepper. 
  4. Coat potatoes with butter. 
  5. Cover and cook over low heat for 30-45 minutes. Or oven bake them at 350 until done
  6. Turn potatoes occasionally.
  7. Pierce with tip of sharp knife to see if they are done. 
  8. Toss with the chopped dill and serve immediately.
Source: Olinda

2 comments:

  1. Oli, So much good stuff here today! A friend on mine makes this incredible sweet potato and dill recipe I've been dying to make. And here you are with potatoes and dill. Yum!
    And I tried to leave a comment on your rib post with no luck:(. But I wanted to say thank you, thank you! We LOVE ribs at our house and I am embarrassed to say, we always use store bought sauce. Now thanks to you I have no excuse not to make my own.
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try sweet potatoes and dill, sounds excellent!

    ReplyDelete