- 10 medium heads garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the tips of the garlic off and sprinkle with pepper.
- Arrange heads of garlic on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle garlic with olive oil. Bake for 40 minutes to 1 hour. When the garlic is soft and squeezable, it is ready.
- Remove, let cool, and serve.
Use this with crackers, little round breads, mix with cheeses, in garlic mashed potatoes. Freeze some for soups or stews or roasts. Delicious.