- 10 ounces alternative cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature or alternative
- 5 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted (for corn free make your own)
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter, preferably a commercial brand (because oil doesn’t separate out)
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl often.
- Continue to beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes.Add the peanut butter and beat until thoroughly blended.
* See "How to make peanut butter"
Source: Smitten Kitchen/adapted by Olinda