Now this is a different salad. I love sweet potatoes, and this is a great way to have them. Not the same o'l, same o'l thing. Plus you can add interesting things to it too.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, regular or home made
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon-style GF mustard
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1/4 inch think slices
- 1 small red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 cup diced 1/2 inch ripe fresh pineapple
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted (2 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 400. Wrap individual potatoes in foil.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Cool until easy to handle.
- Peel, then cut into 3/4 inch chunks. In large bowl, mix mayonnaise and mustard.
- Add sweet potatoes, celery, red pepper, pineapple, and scallions; toss gently, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, fold in pecans and sprinkle with the chives.
- Makes about 8 servings.
Source: Better Homes and Garden