Just heat the wrap first to make it easier to roll. They are light and easy to make and the choices are endless. Here is a very basic wrap using good fat (avocado). Once you make these you will go back and do it again and again. I love to put sprouts, tomato, and all kinds of other stuff inside.
- 1 package of GF rice tortillas
- 1 package of thinly sliced turkey (or meat of choice)
- 1 Avocado pitted and squished with a fork into a smooth paste
- 1 beautiful fresh dark green lettuce leaf washed and dried
- Take out one of the rice tortillas and place on a plate and heat in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Take it out and lay two pieces of sliced turkey to cover the tortilla.
- Smooth some mashed avocado (or guacamole) over the turkey.
- Lay one or two more turkey slices over the avocado and add the lettuce.
- Now roll up the long way and slice at an angle in the middle of the roll.
- Serve. Or wrap in plastic or zip lock and keep in the fridge or take it for lunch.
*You can use any meat, including sea food but keep it refrigerated. You can use mayo, mustard of choice, any greens, sprouts, a little salt and pepper, etc. Use your imagination. Try it vegetarian or vegan! Keep your food ingredients clean and use organic when ever possible.
Note: Salad dressing like vinegarette, tend to soften the rice tortilla quickly so either use sparingly or use something else in place of a liquid topping. Things like a sour cream consistency work best. Update: I just went through some old volumes of Living without and their August/September 2010 issue has a Lunchbox Adventure for kids, meals to pack and go. Page 44.Check it out, great ideas!
Source: Olinda Paul