Yields about 6 pints
- 6 cups apple juice
- 3 sticks cinnamon broken
- 5 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups GF rice syrup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Combine apple juice and cinnamon sticks in medium saucepan.
- Simmer 5 minutes; set aside.
- Combine sugar and water; boil to 230 degrees.
- Add apple juice, cinnamon stick and GF rice syrup to sugar syrup.
- Boil 5 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks. Stir in lemon juice.
- Ladle hot syrup into clean hot jars, making sure to clean the inner, outer edges and tops of the jars. Make sure the lids are in hot water to kill bacteria and process 10 minutes in boiling water bath. Let cool and store.
* If you need more instruction on canning please check out the internet at Kerr or Ball caning instructions.