OMG! I threw away any other old recipes I used to use. This is my go to recipe from now on for every holiday, or just for me. This is so creamy and rich that I couldn't believe that I did it myself!
- 1 cup butter of choice (2 sticks)
- 1 can of crème of coconut
- 1/2 cup dry milk of choice (Dari-Free)
- 4 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ 12 oz. bags of Ghiradelli Semi-Sweet chocolate chips (18oz. or 3 cups) (Ghirardelli is gluten free except the candy with the rice crispi’s in it.)
- 1 bottle of Gluten Free marshmallow cream 7 oz
- 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts/pecans/or nut of choice
- 1 teaspoon Gluten Free Vanilla
- Butter or spray dish or pan (9X12?) Use tins or glass dishes.
- Method: Melt butter, add coconut milk, dry milk, and sugar on low. Bring to a rolling boil (medium flame, not too high) keep stirring for 8 minutes. Watch for sticking.
- Remove from heat. Let cool slightly by stirring until bubbling goes down a bit. About 3 minutes.
- Stir and add chocolate chips, (stirring completely after each one) add marshmallow cream, then stir in nuts. If you put the chocolate into the mixture when it is too hot, it won’t come out smooth and blend easily.
- Stir in Vanilla well; pour into prepared buttered pan /pans of choice, or in tins. Let cool. Best if left overnight. Cut into 1 inch squares. Cover with Saran wrap or tin tops.
Source: Old family recipe modified by Olinda Paul