I am so into creamy, I can't get enough...I think I may have been French in another life. Here is an Alfredo that will curb your cravings for creamy.
- 18 ounces fresh fettuccine
- 2 1/2 cups coconut crème unsweetened or heavy cream if you tolerate milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg (fresh makes all the difference)
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes. Drain. If using dried follow package directions.
- Stir 2 cups of the cream and the lemon juice in a heavy large skillet to blend. Add the butter and cook over medium heat just until the butter melts, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the pasta and toss. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of cream, and Parmesan to the cream sauce in the skillet. Add the lemon zest, nutmeg, salt, and white pepper. Toss the pasta mixture over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute