- 3 cups loosely packed fresh basil
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese of choice (alternative)
- 3 tablespoons of Romano percorino cheese or Parmesan cheese if tollerated (just use more alternative Parmesan if need be and check for taste)
- Put basil, oil, pine nuts, garlic and salt into a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth. Pour sauce into a small bowl.
- Add Parmesan cheese and Romano percorino cheese or extra Parmesan cheese.
- Mix to blend. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Makes 1 cup.
Source: Biba Caggiano-Northern Italian Cooking page 159, adapted by Olinda