If you like shrimp you will love this recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) package gf linguini pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter of choice
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter of choice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese or substitute
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini, and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, melt 1/2 cup butter with the minced garlic. Stir in the cream cheese, breaking it up with a spoon as it melts. Stir in the parsley and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Mix in boiling water until sauce is smooth. Stir in cooked shrimp and mushrooms, and heat through.
- Toss linguini with shrimp sauce, and serve.