This is one of my favorite soups, there are so many variations out there. Here is one of my favorites. I love what the celery and fresh ginger does to the soup. When you have a craving for Chinese food, this is my go to recipe.
· 1 medium onion, diced (white or yellow)
· 1 or 2 stalks of celery, diced (optional)
· 1 Tbsp butter melted
· 8 cups of GF chicken broth
· 1/4 tsp ground ginger (fresh is always better)
· 1 tsp GF soy sauce
· 1/4 tsp sesame oil
· salt to taste
· 3 Tbsp arrowroot powder (or corn starch) + 3 Tbsp water, or potato starch +3 Tbsp water
· 6 large eggs
- Dice onions and celery. Melt butter over medium heat or pour melted butter into pan add onions and celery. Cook until they turn soft.
- Then Stir into broth.Add ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Bring to a boil. Add salt to taste.
- Mix arrowroot powder or cornstarch with water until smooth. Pour into soup and cook until thickened.
Source: Unknown, Adapted by Olinda Paul