- 6 russet potatoes or potatoes of choice
- Sea Salt
- Peanut oil or oil of choice
- Wash and peel potatoes, cut into uniform strips (*) and put in cold water in the fridge for up to 3 hrs. Change water each hour if doing it for 3 hrs. Rinse and drain well.
- Dry with cooking towels and finish off drying with paper towels. Heat oil (about half way up the heavy bottomed pot) to 320 degrees (use a candy thermometer). Put in 2 handfuls of fries and fry about 2-3 minutes but not to be browned. (Work in batches)Take out and drain on brown paper bags.
- Let cool for about an hour or so.
- Heat the oil back up to 375 degrees and put 2 handfuls in and brown, watch them because they will brown quickly. Drain on brown paper bags on top of cookie sheets and put in oven at 200 degrees to keep warm. Salt and serve.
* I haven't tried this idea yet, according to a recipe I read, you add 1/3 cup of sugar and stir until dissolved then add the cut up potatoes be sure water is cold. The sugar chemically changes the outside of the potatoes for a crisper French Fry.