For those of you who can tolerate corn, the Gluten Free Pantry has a mix called "Perfect Pie Crust Mix". It's very easy and tastes great.
Make your favorite pie crust and slip it into a 9 inch glass pie plate. Follow directions but pre-bake shell just half way. Pull out of the oven and set aside.
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of GF mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper of choice
- about 3 cups of veggies cut small and parboiled if needed. (mushroom broccoli, spinach etc.)
- 1 tablespoons of fresh chives or green onion
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon tarragon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make your favorite pie crust recipe and press into 9 inch glass pan. (Bake pie crust for 15 minutes take out of oven and prick bottom with fork) set aside.
2. Whisk together coconut milk, eggs and mustard powder. Set aside.
3. Add oil to a large skillet. Sauté vegetables over medium heat until just softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Put Sautéed vegetables into semi-baked pie crust. Add egg mixture and sprinkle with chives.
5. Bake quiche in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until done. A knife inserted in the center comes out clean or you have a golden brown crust. To prevent the crust from getting too dark put foil wrap around the crust area.
* parboiling can make the cooking more uniform for the denser veggies.