- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 14 cup quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour or potato starch, arrowroot or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon or more of ground flax, or seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (If using corn free baking powder on this site use 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
- 12 cup of almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons sugar, maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons grape-seed oil, olive oil or oil of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure GF vanilla extract
- In a deep mixing bowl (I use a 4 cup pyrex measuring cup) mix all dry ingredients except sugar.
- Measure milk and water and put sugar of choice into the water and mix until sugar is melted.
- Add all wet ingredients. Whisk quickly until incorporated, and no lumps appear. It takes about a minute or less.
- Let it rest for about 7-10 minutes. It will be rather bubbly.
- Over medium high heat use a heavy bottomed nonstick pan or cast iron (I used cast iron).
- When hot, spray with cooking oil or drizzle enough oil for the pan to be covered.
- Make silver dollar sized pancakes with the batter cooking about 2-3 minutes, flip for 2 more minutes.
- As every pan and stove is different, keep an eye out when cooking. These have a wonderful nutty flavor and stay with you.