- 2 cups Pamela's Flour Blend or (your own flour blend, Pamela's has corn)
- 2 sticks cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 egg beaten, plus enough ice water to make 1/2 cup liquid
- Combine flour and butter in a large bowl. Use fingertips or pastry cutter to mix until crumbly, while still leaving larger pieces of butter to insure a flaky texture.
- Pour in egg/ice water mixture and knead dough for a minute or two until it comes together. It should be soft, a little sticky, and rough-looking.
- Split dough into two rounds, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for one hour before using.
- Place first ball on parchment paper and cover with another piece of paper on top. Gently press down on top of paper and press ball down with hand. Roll out dough using even strokes.
- If you and your roller are not friends...evenly press into pan with hands. Chill about 10 minutes once you have it in the pan to your liking.
I also do this with my Cuisinart. Put in dry ingredients and butter, pulse until little balls the size of peas form, add liquid ingredients and pulse until blended. Split into 2 balls as above and refrigerate 1 hr. Press or roll into pan.
Source: Pamela's/Yummy Supper/Olinda Paul